Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My November Playlist


I thought it would be fun to put up a monthly playlist of what I'm listening to at the moment so you can share in my enjoyment. After all, walking on campus with earbuds in is a pretty solitary experience, but listening to music doesn't have to be! I've got a good mix for you this November; you can download it here, and I'll list the tracks and a bit about them below:

1. When They Fight, They Fight by Generationals: Catchy song full of throwback instrumentation and vocal style.
2. Living in America by Dom: This is how you use synthesizer in 2010!
3. DC Comics and Chocolate Milkshake by Art Brut: I've been listening to this record like crazy lately. Punchy bass punctuates witty lyrics.
4. Clawing Out at the Walls by Dominant Legs: Chill track that kind of reminds me of Talking Heads.
5. Gorgeous by Kanye West: His newest record wasn't my favourite, but this track has a hell of a hook.
6. Miami by Foals: I like this guy's voice.
7. Walking Far From Home by Iron & Wine: His first release off his upcoming 2011 record; it's a departure from his traditional style, but I really like the new direction.
8. Your Soul and Mine by Gil Scott-Heron: Industrial beat mixed with Scott-Heron's engrossing spoken lyrics.
9. Eyesore by Women: My friend Stefan raves about this record. While I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet, this track is pretty damn great. Great way to end the record, so I cribbed it to end my playlist as well!

Disclaimer: These MP3s are purely for sampling purposes, and if you like the music, you should support the artists somehow. If you own the rights to any of the music posted on my blog and want it removed, simply let me me know, and I will comply 100%.

Hope you guys dig it! More music posts to come as I begin deliberations on my Top 2010 Records list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment